Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Mongolian Death Worm

For class we read an article called "Hunting the Mongolian Death Worm" and we read a blog about a team in search of this so called worm. Both describe this worm as being red in color, spitting acid, and can emit "jolts" of electricity. This is another cryptozoology hunt, and is classified as a cryptid. My last blog states my believe in cryptozoology as not a science, but definitely having its place in this world. Apparently in this exploration they discovered rumors of another species of snake, and possibly a dragon. This is where I feel cryptozoology has its place, when the cryptozoologists go out on these "hunts" they may in fact discover a different species, or a mutated version of an existing species. They may just end up being rumors, but you just never know. My feelings about the Mongolian Death Worm is that there may be a different type of worm we do not know about, but I highly doubt that it is up to five feet in length and spits acid. First off, if it did spit acid, you would find burn markings on the ground. Secondly, if it is five feet in length, well that's a pretty big whole that the worm would create, and I don't think it would be too hard to notice. Finally, emitting electricity? How would a worm conduct electricity? Also, just a thought, but if you really wanted to find something that can produce electricity, wouldn't you just search for abnormal electric waves in the desert? In conclusion, I found the article and blog very interesting and entertaining. I don't believe in the worm, but I feel these guys are doing some kind of good for zoology studies, what if the horned snake really does exist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home