Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Werewolves

I just read the article "History of Werewolves" by Allen Varney, and I must say, I found it very interesting. I am a fan of werewolves, I find the stories behind them entertaining, and as a child I was deathly afraid of them. This article did not make me believe in werewolves again, but it was very informative in explaining the different cultural views and dealings with these beasts. The part I most enjoyed about the article was the explanation of Peter Stubbe in Europe. Apparently, Stubbe was found leaving the woods a werewolf just went into after killing some people. Stubbe was tortured and later confessed that he did make a deal with the devil for a belt that turned him into a wolf. Peter Stubbe was then broken on some kind of wheel device, had his flesh pulled off with pincers, and then had his head cut off. After doing all this they then decided to look for the belt, and never found it. Pretty painful way to die, and in my opinion, he died for nothing. Werewolves do not exist because there would be more unexplained, horrifying deaths during full moons, and there would probably be hair samples at the scene of the crime that can be traced to a wolf. More stories would be reported about werewolf sightings. The idea of the existence of these creatures is fun in movies and around Halloween, but as far as their actual physical existence, I doubt it very much. What do you guys think about the big, bad wolf?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home